Last updated 27 July 2018
Who are we?
You can find details about each of our group companies by visiting our Contact Us page.
What information do we collect?
Most of the information we collect, is information provided directly by you when you register for or use the Services. This information may include:
- contact information – full name, job title or function, company name/academic institution, department, email address, physical mailing address and country, telephone number, user name, name and email address of supervisor/head of department
- professional information – job description and related information, such as job function or the position to which a job function reports within the company; company details, like size or number of employees; professional or trade publications to which you subscribe and related trainings attended, project type, project title, project description, application type
- account registration data- to register for an NUMECA Customer Area Account, which is required of certain products and services, we will collect your contact information (including a unique username), certain professional information, and a unique password, which may be paired with an activation code specific to the license(s) you've purchased/obtained
- transaction information – your contact information; the types of products that interest you; your purchasing requirements; billing information associated with a purchase (excluding any payment card data)
- license fulfillment and verification information – for certain products and services, we may collect and pair a device ID together with your NUMECA Customer Area Account or registered email address in order to manage active licenses assigned to your account; license verification may require us to compare this device ID and account data against active licenses using an internet connection to your device, both at activation and as part of a regular refresh function for subscription-based licenses (more details can be found in the license terms and product descriptions for individual products and services)
- information related to providing support for our products- when you contact us for support related to the Services, you may provide us your contact information, device or product IDs, and logs of your use of the licensed product (which may include IP address and/or other device identifiers, location data, and usage data pertaining to when and how you use the product)
- responses to surveys – information you provide in responding to a survey on the website, via an app or email, on the telephone or otherwise; testimonials or other feedback related to the Services, which may be paired with your name, title, and company name where you provide express consent; comments or posts you publish on NUMECA forums or linked to your NUMECA Customer Area Account
We may also collect and use information obtained through your use of the Services or from the device you use to access the Services, including:
- location information- IP address data from your device; country from which a request is received
- information from the internet, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our websites and referring website addresses, how you use our websites (including the types of products and events that interest you and articles you download);
- device identifiers, such as IP address, that, when linked to your username or registered email address, will enable us to ensure compliance with the licenses purchased/obtained under a subscription model for certain NUMECA products
- if you ask us to connect with other sites (such as social media sites, like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube) we may receive information about you that way too, as determined by the settings and data sharing policies of those sites
- recordings of any telephone calls for quality assurance and training purposes
- data regarding any unlicensed use of our software and services
How do we use your information?
Our primary purpose in the collection and use of your Personal Data is to provide you with the Services you request and for those purposes which we believe will help you optimize your use of the Services. In most cases, the lawful grounds for use of your Personal Data by NUMECA will be that use: (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including to grow and improve our Services, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests (''Legitimate Interests''), (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you ("Contract"), or (iii) is based on your consent ("Consent"). In specific instances, we may also have a legal obligation to use your Personal Data ("Legal Obligation"). Where use of your Personal Data is based on your Consent, we will identify the purposes of processing such data and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent.
In order to carry out Legitimate Interests of the business
- to identify you for the purposes of ensuring compliance with the terms of our license agreements for products and services you purchase/obtain from us
- to send messages that are related or useful to the Services we provide you
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties, subject to any opt-in consents that are provided to you pursuant to applicable law
- to promote our Services, or the services of our partners, including through the use of email and social media platforms
- to compare your information for accuracy, and verify it with partners, suppliers and third parties as needed (such as for export compliance purposes)
- to carry out research, including market research, statistical research on site traffic, and sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the Services we provide you and to tailor our sites
In order to perform a Contract
- to provide the information, Services or support you request and related after-sales services
- to identify you and to contact you with product or service updates or training or support options related to products and services you've purchased/obtained
- to manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration
To fulfill a Legal Obligation
- to identify you for the purposes of ensuring export compliance
- to detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful
- to identify you and verify that both the product and your use of it are appropriately licensed; if we believe that use of our software is unlicensed, we may also share that data with other software companies and organizations set up to counter software theft, as well as with law enforcement
With whom do we share your information and for what purposes?
We may disclose your Personal Data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or in response to requests by law enforcement, regulatory or government authorities in any country where we have entities or affiliates. We may also disclose certain Personal Data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, security, people and other legitimate rights or interests as allowed by law.
Delivery of the Services:
For use by partners:
We may share your Personal Data:
- with companies in our group and/or our affiliates;
- with resellers, distributors and/or channel partners for our products;
You may access a NUMECA site or portal through a hyperlink from the website or advertisement of one of our trading partners. If so, certain Personal Data, such as general purchase information and details about how you use our site, may be shared with this trading partner to analyze and improve delivery of services and marketing initiatives.
During an acquisition:
The servers used by third-party sites, including social media sites, may not be secure. Despite reasonable security measures taken by NUMECA and its partners and third-party service providers, use of the internet is not secure and unlawful or unauthorized access to private transmissions or data is possible.
How do we protect your information?
In considering the types of data we collect and the data activities we undertake in delivering products and services, we have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to your Personal Data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by NUMECA in delivery of the Services reduce our potential vulnerability to a level appropriate to the types of data processed.
In addition to the security measures we have put in place to protect our user database, it remains your responsibility to protect your Personal Data by taking the following steps:
- where you have established an NUMECA Customer Area Account, protect your unique password and username and do not use the same access credentials for other sites and services;
- ensure that you log out of your NUMECA Customer Area Account when not using it;
- do not use unknown or unsecured Wi-Fi or shared access connections to enter or transmit Personal Data, including passwords and other access credentials;
- maintain good internet security, such as by promptly notifying us if you believe your NUMECA Customer Area Account or any accounts you've linked to your NUMECA Customer Area Account have been compromised; and
- as with most information shared on the internet, please remember that information you share on the Site, such as by commenting on a blog post, may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public. Do not post confidential or sensitive data while using NUMECA sites or any of our Services.
Where is your information processed?
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to streamline your experience and provide website owners with reporting information (such as for improvement of website functionality and ad delivery).
You have the right to accept or reject cookies and may set or amend your choices at any time. If you wish to adjust your choice regarding our cookies or would like to request that we delete all the information we have gathered from your usage of our site so far, please send us an email to email@example.com and we will immediately take care of that for you.
As outlined above, we may use your Personal Data to send you marketing information in accordance with the marketing preferences you select when providing your information. You may opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications at any time by the following means:
1. click the "unsubscribe from this list" link located in each electronic communication; or
2. contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that if you change your emailing preferences, it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective. By opting out of marketing communications, you will still continue to receive communications (including emails) related to your Customer Area Account and the Services, including product updates, trainings, and communications related to billing, maintenance, and support.
How long do we keep your information?
Data Subject Rights
You have the following data protection rights, as may be amended from time to time by applicable law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of the Personal Data we retain about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data, as outlined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. You may make any request under this section by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have collected and process your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance upon lawful processing grounds other than consent (such as processing based on Legitimate Interests).
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How do you contact us?